Position: Primary English Teacher
Required: January 2017 onwards (some vacancies April, July, September)
Salary: B$3500-6000 per month, tax free
Experience: 3+ years
Sponsorship: Single teachers, teaching couples, married/de facto couples (non-teaching partner), families
Contract: 1.5-2 years
Our partner in this project is one of the top twenty charities in the UK providing a large number of teachers annually to support Brunei in their bilingual education policy.
Teachers working in Brunei are assigned to Primary state schools to teach English and help mentor Bruneian teachers. The education system in Brunei is developing. The government is working hard to establish a curriculum to fit the needs of its citizens in a competitive global economy. You will be placed in one of many schools throughout Brunei. The project is a directive from the Ministry of Education and as such you will be holding what is considered a very high level and important role, making a real difference in the lives of Bruneian children and their teachers.
Brunei is a fantastic place to live: a modern wealthy country with plentiful amenities, beautiful beaches and amazing travel opportunities. Eco tourism is blossoming in Brunei and there are plenty of national parks to explore. Not only is this an opportunity to help shape the bilingual education of this wonderful country, but an opportunity to live in one of the most amazing parts of the world.
* Degree qualified teacher: B.Ed or Bachelors + PGCE
* 3 years post qualifying teaching experience.
* Some experience must cover young learners (5 - 6 years of age), or you must be confident teaching literacy at this level.
* ESL teaching experience is preferred. Holding a TEFL certificate is also highly desirable.
* You must be under 52 years of age due to Brunei government regulations.
* A driving license within the family is also required, as you will need to travel by car to school.
* B$3500-6000 per month tax free
* Spacious accommodation
* Settling-in allowance
* Subsidised health insurance
* Subsidised tuition for dependent children
* Contract completion bonus
* Return flights for teacher and dependents
* Interest-free car loan
* Professional development opportunities