This position, reporting to the Finance Director is responsible for developing and leading the service delivery of General Accounting team. Is responsible for timely and accurate financial reporting for of multiple legal entities while providing support and guidance to the external and internal auditors, maintaining Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance and ensuring company policies and procedures are upheld.
- Management, peers, and direct reports.
- Assist internal/external auditors in periodic audits
- Develop, maintain and improve the department processes/standards including creating performance metrics and measurement against these benchmarks
- Manage workload allocation across team ensuring the right resources are available for peak demand periods
- Responsible for the overall success of the financial statement close and oversees the general accounting functions, including balance sheet and income statement analysis to ensure integrity of the financial information as well as review of key account reconciliations and journal entries.
- Ensure all levels of compliance, including SOX
- Take a lead role in planning, coordinating and facilitating projects through their completion
- Train & mentor department staff and ensure appropriate prioritization of day-to-day responsibilities and project work
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting/ Finance
- This position requires a minimum of 5-10 years of supervisory/team leadership experience in an accounting environment for a global company
- Experience supervising team leaders with direct and indirect management accountability
- Full Understanding of GAAP Accounting
- Knowledge of SOX controls & compliance requirements
- Knowledge and familiarity of SAP is a plus
- Proficient knowledge in Excel
- Proven process/continuous improvement experience
- Expert Communication Skills
- Solid Analytical Skills
- Proficiency in English