Randstad CPE are currently recruiting for a Construcion Manager with signalling / Multi-discipline experience. The role is freelance until New year and based 3 days from home. 2 days can be spent in offcices located in Central London or East Anglia.
You will be required to have had experience on the construction and design of Network rail signalling projects.
Duties & Responsibilities are:
- Experience in the delivery of signalling & comms design, procurement (inc. monitoring of long lead items), installation, testing and commissioning works
- Monitor progress against accepted programme.
- Review and challenge method statements, inspection & test plans, testing/commissioning documentation and possession programmes.
- Carry out robust risk identification and mitigation process, maintain current issues/risk/opportunities register
- Change Control - Issue instructions, price PMI/NCEs as required
- Chair design meetings to address key design blockers and answer RFIs.
- Raise RFIs if required for resolution.
- Provide signalling & comms design input at IDC/IDR meetings
- Review Inspection & Test plans
- Ensure approved ITPs are in place prior to commencement of work.
- Designated TW Engineer for witness points for signalling as required in ITPs.
- Monitor the required handover and assurance information is produced in a timely manner to include check sheets, certs of conformity, test plans, as-built drawings etc.
- Carry out and record inspections/audits to ensure compliance with Project Plans inc. Construction Phase Plan and Method Statements.
- Build positive working relationships by proactively engaging staff to ensure issues affecting signalling and comms are addressed and risks are mitigated.
- Provide Signalling Awareness brief to team covering signalling and comms project scope.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.