GUARANTEED PAY SCHEME AVAILABLE
NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED - FULL TRAINING PROVIDED
Are you wanting to start a career in secondary education but are unsure what the next step is? Are you interested in working alongside a teaching qualification or PGCE?
We are working with a number of schools in the Liverpool Area that are looking to recruit Cover Supervisors. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to start a career in teaching but wanting to get a feel for the role. It is also an excellent opportunity for Early Career Teachers wanting to gain a broader level of experience. The role of a Cover Supervisor is varied and challenging but also very rewarding; you will be required to deliver prepared work to pupils across years 7 - 11, as well as managing the classroom. Roles vary from adhoc daily cover to longer term positions, although this could lead to something more long-term in the future, dependant on the needs of the school. The successful candidate would need to be available to start as soon as possible.
- GUARANTEED PAY AVAILABLE
- Flexible working arrangements available - we are more than happy to consider applications from candidates who want to work set days around their other commitments.
- A dedicated, professional and friendly specialist consultant who will work with you to source suitable role
- Commitment to your continuing professional development through free training including safeguarding and 'Team Teach'
- Competitive rates of pay paid weekly, fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- Recommend a friend bonus worth up to £300
- Willing and able to supervise classes of 11-16 year-olds, managing behaviour in line with school policies
- Delivery of lessons from a range of subjects across the national curriculum set by a qualified teacher. There is no planning or marking involved.
- Engaging with the pupils and keeping them on task
- Dealing with any immediate issues or emergencies according to the school policies and procedures
- Experience of working with secondary age children, which can be referenced (voluntary work included) is preferred but not essential
- An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) - we can help with this
- A flexible, punctual, professional and approachable manner
- The ability to establish rapport quickly with children whilst maintaining a high standard of control and discipline
- A degree qualification or a qualification in teaching and learning support (advantageous, not essential)
Randstad Education is the UK market leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2500 schools each week, our staff support over 135,000 children every day across the country, so we can find the right match for your skills. The Liverpool branch is one of the oldest and busiest in the country and has a dedicated team of consultants working across primary, secondary and SEN. We now also have a dedicated section looking after school support roles such as technicians, administration and finance.
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Merseyside, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools, temporary or permanent, short-or long-term, full or part-time, which may be a better match.
If your application is deemed suitable for this position, an interview will be offered immediately.
Documents will be submitted and checked online and our consultants will guide you through how to do this. All candidates will be required to undergo child protection and UK eligibility checks, and be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Randstad Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and require all applicants to share this commitment.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Sean Simmons, your specialist secondary consultant via email on firstname.lastname@example.org, call our Liverpool branch on 0151 255 1666.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please Apply Online Now!