Are you looking for a new role as a CRISPR Senior Scientist? Do you want to work for a business that is growing at a rapid pace with lots of opportunity for the future? If so, this could be the role for you!
This role is for a Senior Scientist responsible for CRISPR development. You will be the go-to expert for gene editing, both single locus and genome-wide. Your experience in cell biology, molecular biology and cellular engineering will support our research programme and the delivery of company-wide milestones. Reporting to the Director of Cell Biology you will work with a team of scientists and the wider R&D department.
This role is offered on a full time permanent basis, with a business that also offers lots of other benefits that will make you feel truly at home whilst at work.
- Design, develop and implement gene editing technologies, processes and applications
- Responsible for the delivery of pooled CRISPR screening and base editing
- Ability to work closely with Bioinformatician in the design and analysis of CRISPR experiments Generation of Cas9 expressing cell lines, production of pooled lentivirus libraries and optimisation of screening conditions
- Execution of pooled CRISPR screens and preparation of samples for NGS
- Hit validation studies and stem cell differentiation
- Create Standard operation procedures and document experiments using electronic laboratory notebook system
- Engage with other teams and with external collaborators
- Prepare and deliver technical report to the R&D team and senior management
- Keep up to date with field developments and apply these to improve experimental design and assay performance
- General ad-hoc duties as required to support the departmental and organisation requirements
- A PhD in a relevant area of Biological Sciences or related field
- ≥ 5 years of post-doctoral or industry experience in cell line engineering and CRISPR editing
- In-depth experience of complex CRISPR assay design & delivery including but not limited to CRISPRko, CRISPRa/i or base editing
- Experience in using key CRISPR bioinformatic tools and analysing CRISPR data (single gene level and multiplexed editing, eg from CRISPR screens)
- Proven experience and track record in executing techniques in molecular assays and molecular biology (qRT-PCR, scRNA seq, ddPCR, cloning, NGS)
- Experience in the maintenance and differentiation of stem cells
- Experience and knowledge of cellular assays and cell phenotyping (FACS, IHC, clonogenic, cytotoxicity and viability).
- Familiarity with the implementation, development and use of automation to support medium throughput gene editing
- Highly organised, self-motivated, and capable of working both independently and collaboratively; in a fast-paced team environment with shifting priorities
- A proven history of independent investigations and innovative thinking
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.