English Teacher - Wakefield
Are you a qualified English teacher looking for a long-term assignment this term? If you're an English teacher with a passion for their subject then please contact us as soon as possible!
The position is based in a sought after Wakefield secondary school and the role will be covering a long term absence. The school is looking for someone to start ASAP until December 2021. However, there is the possibility this may be extended.
- Teach English up to KS4 / GCSE Level
- Plan, prepare and teach appropriate lessons within your specialist subject area enabling all student abilities to access the curriculum
- Support the English department as required
- Organise your classroom to create a positive teaching environment, liaising with relevant teaching assistants and support staff to develop effective working relationships with pupils and colleagues
- Maintain discipline through employing various classroom management techniques in line with the school's behaviour management policy
- Monitor pupil's progress and keep records on their development
- Attend meetings, parent's evenings and in-service training days as required by the school, helping them in all areas to the best of your ability
- UK recognised teaching qualification (QTS or PGCE equivalent)
- Experience teaching English at KS3/4
- Strong behaviour and classroom management skills
- DBS on the update service or happy to apply for a new one
- Competitive rates of pay paid weekly
- Support and guidance throughout your role
- Job matching based on your preferences
- Training and CPD opportunities.
- Refer-a-Friend' scheme where you could have a chance of earning £300
If you are passionate about delivering a high-quality level of education to students and interested in joining a strong team of specialist staff, working at a successful and outstanding school, please don't hesitate, apply today....