Position Financial Controller (GM/DGM Finance)
Professionally qualified – ICAI
Senior - 10+ yrs post qualification experience.
Reporting to Managing Director
The role requires an experienced, qualified Financial Controller, who will be part of the site senior management team and leader of the Finance and IT functions. This role is a key business partner to the Managing Director of the Pune business.
The role is responsible for managing a team of four, and must be a strong leader who can also proactively drive and influence improvements in reporting, cash management and financial controls. The role requires exceptional communication skills, with fluency in English to ensure effective communications with international stakeholders.
This is a role with a wide remit which covers all aspects of the business including statutory accounts, tax returns, cash management, as well as financial and management accounting.
- Management and development of the finance and IT teams, including implementing new accounting and system process improvements.
- Finance Controller for both Export & Domestic sales divisions.
- Maintain local systems to allow financial reporting of both divisions including quarterly reports for contract manufacturing agreements with other group entities.
- Responsible for the STRAP & annual budget processes.
- Build business cases to support the management team to win new business.
- Adhere to Concentric group finance reporting timetable and reporting framework, including providing suitable variance analysis and clear explanations.
- Produce financial & business analysis reports and recommend business changes to improve the financial performance of the business.
- Responsible for all external financial reports and submissions to local deadlines, statutory accounts and all tax filings, including the OECD local transfer pricing submission.
- Liaise with auditors, lawyers, tax authorities & advisors to ensure effective local statutory compliance.
- Responsible for all company secretarial matters.
- Liaise with group nominated banks and local banks, including FX contract provider.
- Operational experience in the Finance Controller position in a similar size, or larger manufacturing organisation (min.100cr).
- Must have knowledge of IFRS and reporting in group organisations.
- Demonstrated experience of improving planning, budgeting and forecasting processes (including rolling 18 month forecasts).
- Ability to create and articulate meaningful and effective financial analysis and the ability to communicate to multiple stakeholders.
- Experience managing all treasury matters.
- Knowledge of TDS, VAT, GST, Service & corporation tax rules, including inter-group withholding tax rules
- Knowledge of group authority manuals and implementing functional financial limits and controls.
- Risk management
- A leader.
- Numerate and logical thinker.
- Team mentor, has integrity, seen as credible and well respected within the broader management team and has the ability to develop junior members of staff.
- Can confidently provide verbally information in English to management, both local and group explaining financial variances to budget and forecast.
- Able to conduct insightful business analysis and recommend clear courses of actions.
- Should be an engaging, positive communicator having strong interpersonal skills.