Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees throughout North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES FLEXIBLE PACKAGING
Cascades Flexible Packaging (CFP) is located in Mississauga, Ontario. The plant operates on a 24/7 basis with a mix of continental rotating shift work. CFP operates single and multi-layer blown film extruders, as well as, two world-class wide web flexo presses that manufacture printed film for a diverse range of end consumer applications. The plant continuously cultivates its safety program and strives for employee-driven improvements.Job Responsibilities
- Perform job sets up, adjustments, startups and shutdowns in accordance with specifications and standard operating procedures
- Adjust the operating speed of extruders to meet optimal targets set by company
- Assist/perform with weekly equipment preventative maintenance
- Safely operate extruders and auxiliary equipment, including blenders, vacuum loading systems, roll carts, skid wrappers etc.
- Inspect and report film quality, production and equipment condition to Supervisors and work with them to resolve any cause of defect.
- Ensure quality of film and raw materials meet or exceed customer and company standards
- Follow established safety protocols, report any H&S issues, wear required PPE, and maintain clean/safe work areas and equipment
- All other duties as required by the supervisor
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of extrusion and/or multilayer experience is required
- Proficiency in reading, writing and basic math is a must
- Be able to lift 50lb of weight using a lifting device and standing for extended period
- The wage rate for Extrusion Operator depends on the experience and skill level of the candidate
- The Company also provides employees a full benefits package (includes extended health, dental, life insurance, EFAP, LTD, RRSP etc.).
- Profit sharing scheme for all employees
- Company supplies uniforms and an annual safety boot allowance
- The position offers the opportunity and training to grow
- Specialized training given by technical experts in the industry
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both men and women. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.