About the role
Kitchen hands required at Puckapunyal Defence Base, to assist the chef and food and beverage team, the role will include the following task along with day-to-day general duties:
- Delivering exceptional Customer Service
- Maintaining the service area
- Delivery of food and drinks
- Washing up and general cleaning
- Basic food preparation and safety (making sandwiches and salads)
- Cash handling and register operation
- Provision of excellent customer service
- Knowledge of Food Safety requirement
What's on offer
- Work within an inclusive team to support Australia's defence force
- Flexible roster
- Temporary contract with the opportunity to extend into a permanent role
- Kitchen hand experience is essential
- Experience in a fast-paced hospitality environment
- Great presentation and customer service skills
- Willingness to be part of an enthusiastic and motivated team
- Willingness to jump into any task required, cleaning, food preparation and customer service
- Strong awareness of Hygiene & Food Safety Standards
- AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people's diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
How to apply
Please visit the Careers section of our website or Click "APPLY" to forward your application CV...