Position: Specialist/Tech Lead Software Quality Assurance and Processes – Methodologist
Job Location: DITC, PuneEducational Qualifications
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Mechatronics, , Instrumentation & Controls, Computer Science, Communication, Electronic Engineering, or Similar engineering
Minimum years of experience and Key Expertise
- 6 - 10 years of practical hands-on mechatronic System and Software Engineering development.
- Working experience with the mechatronic system/software toolchain
- Work experience with projects adhering to ISO26262 and ASPICE/CMMI is a must
Nature of experience
- OEM Auto / Auto Ancillary (tier 1), Aviation and Aerospace, Rail and Transportation
Domain and Skills Required:
- Embedded Software development for mechatronic systems following CMMI, ASPICE, Functional Safety and internal processes for V-Model and Agile life cycle and related process methodologies.
- Prior working experience in automotive powertrain/ electrification domain is preferred
Job Description / Responsibilities:
- Coach and mentor project teams in methods and processes used in mechatronic system and software development based on defined standard methods.
- Tailor standard methods per project need and in coordination with standard method committee.
- Contribute to continuously improve the standard methods from lessons learned and tailored methods at project level.
- Contribute to maintain templates, checklist, workflows and overall standard methods.
- Prepare the project team for quality audits, ASPICE, CMMI and ISO26262 assessments.
- Assist team in closing non-conformances found by assessment.
- Contribute to implementation of methods in development tools such as Polarion, Jira, Azure DevOp, Enterprise Architecture, etc.
- Contribute to map industry standards and government regulations to appropriate standard.
- Support and participate in global mechatronics & electrification team efforts to develop and maintain a software quality system applicable to multiple system architectures with aim to reach quality targets by following CMMI, ASPICE, Functional Safety and internal processes for V-Model and Agile life cycle and related process methodologies.
- Carry out software process conformance audits per CMMI, ASPICE, ISO26262 and other applicable industry and customer standards; reporting the audit results related to targets (functionality, time schedule, etc.) to senior leadership.
- Assist corporate quality department and external assessors with assessments.
- Significant knowledge and expertise in IEEE software standards, SEI CMMI, ISO26262 and ASPICE standards, including auditing/assessment and mitigation. ASPICE auditor certification preferred.
- Knowledge of Agile and other development methodologies.
- Working knowledge of IATF 16949:2016, ISO 9001:2015 and other industry standards such as AIAG Core Tools.
- Working experience with use of FMEA methodology and HARA as applied to software and integrated systems is preferred.
- Motivated and willing to accept responsibility, ability for multitasking and leading across multiple functions and reporting relationships.
- Ability to think strategically and systematically, working towards long-term success, as well as short-term successes in programs, projects, and products acting as a creative problem solver.
- Ability to study and analyze issues and situations and to apply learning to problem solving, planning, decision-making, and process development. Highly resourceful and efficient.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Proficiency in written and oral communications, and presentation skills with expectation to present to top level leaders in corporate Engineering and Quality.
- Willing to travel internationally as needed and work adjusting the working hours to overlap with global teams in US and Europe.
- Ability to teach and mentor engineering teams and reach consensus.
- Ability to work within tight design constraints
- Able to make decisions independently with appropriate level of consultation/communication.
- Commitment to the highest standards of ethical behavior in self and others
- Commitment to inclusion and diversity
- Demonstrated ability to drive results , Strong workload management and follow-up skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, presentation, planning, problem solving and decision-making skills with ability to successfully function in and lead cross-functional teams in a professional manner