Logistics Planner - Carnforth - Leading employer - Long term contract
Are you an experienced Logistics professional seeking a new role in the Carnforth area with a leading employer?
Are you looking to work for a leading company that offers great training and development?
Our leading Construction client is seeking a Logistics Planner on a long term contract (with potential for temp to permanent), working as part of a busy and successful team in the local office, you will help ensure delivery of key client are received on time and in budget.
- Immediate start available
- 37.5 hours per week (Rota: 6am - 2:30pm / 7am - 3:30pm / 8:30am - 5pm) Monday to Friday
- Overtime available if required
- Full training provided
- Excellent team environment
- Providing support and customer service with the internal sales team and hauliers
- Negotiating rates and time frames with hauliers
- Deploy and oversee shipments - using planning tools
- Ensure same day orders
- Support customer processes and orders on internal systems
- Liaise with sales teams to update on ETA's and any issues
- Prepare and plan the following day activity
- Proven logistics experience / knowledge
- Able to prioritise, multitask and where needed work under pressure
- Competent IT skills and keen to learn
- Good negotiation skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.