Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain Monitoring Systems (these report on the status and performance of monitored components e.g. Tools, devices, network, servers, DBs, OS, services etc.).
- Fault handling and escalation (identifying and responding to faults on systems and networks,
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers – if required, handling escalation through to resolution).
- Monitoring and triaging. Strong ITIL (incident management) knowledge.
- Coordinate or participate Server build and installs, application upgrades, network equipment build and installation.
- Maintenance activities (monitoring and management of infrastructure, applications, DC devices.
- Maintenance of WIKI, SOPs and technical documentation (for NOC) of processes and procedures used throughout normal operations.
- Development of knowledge and skills in network and system administration, particularly with regard to ITRON’s own architecture and platforms.
- Coordinate with Tier-2/3 Support for escalations, co-location, customer issues.
- Participate in a 24x7 call-out Rota as & when required.
- Willing to work in 24X7 environment.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 12-18 months experience in a Technical Support or similar role.
- Good communicator with a natural aptitude for dealing with people.
- Good network diagnostic skills.
- Basic Linux CLI skills. (Good to have)
- Basic sysadmin skills.
- Work well in a busy team, being quick to learn and able to deal with a wide range of issues.
- Strong analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources.
- Ability to assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly.
- Proven track record within a NOC, IT or ISP environment.
- ITIL V.3 Foundation Certified (Good To Have).
- Good academic background with a degree or equivalent qualification in Information Technology.
- Basic knowledge of the OSI model, switching and internet routing technologies (to junior network administrator level).
- Basic understanding of network monitoring concepts and management tools. Experience of network monitoring tools and protocols.
- Exposure to scripting basics. Experience of scripting (Perl, Bash) and other web application languages (SQL,PHP).
- Able to collate and interpret data from various sources.
- Ability to assess faults, prioritize, respond and escalate accordingly.
- Capable of multi-tasking, good time management and prioritization of workload.
- Clear communicator (both written and verbal). Good technical or WIKI documentation skills.
- Willing to learn and develop new skills. Good self-awareness. Actively seeks out tasks that help develop
- skills and knowledge.
- Ability to work on own initiative. Actively seeks ways of improving existing systems and processes.
- ‘Can do’ attitude.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to problem solving.
- Co-operate with other teams. Actively encourage strong working relationships with other teams.