A role where you can help someone achieve their academic goals making a direct impact on their future? Are you looking for a role that allows you to earn and learn at the same time? We have the perfect role for you.
Randstad Student & Worker Support are recruiting for manual note taker's to work with Students at universities in Newcastle.
We have students with disabilities/mental health conditions who are requiring one to one support in their Higher Education studies. We are looking for the right individuals to support our students to really make a difference. The role is to start September 2021.
As a student support worker you will attend various lectures and seminars and take accurate notes for students who due to their disability find it difficult to make notes for themselves.
- Flexible working hours - you choose your own hours
- 28 days holiday pay pro rata - perfect for the summer holidays and Christmas breaks
- £8.91 per hour - you will receive this rate, plus your benefits such as holidays
- Working for the UK's leading provider - you're in safe hands
- Improving your knowledge for free by being a part of higher education lectures
Providing note taking support to students suffering from disabilities/mental health conditions your responsibilities will include:
- Producing accurate and legible handwritten notes for lectures, seminars/tutorials and group tasks
- To review notes at the end of the lecture and ensure they are in a suitable format for the student to access effectively
- To maintain a professional role as a note taker and be aware of the need to maintain this professional relationship with the student at all times
- To act in the best interests of learners at all times whilst also working within the policies and procedures of the institution
You will work closely with Randstad regarding the needs of individual students, and to ensure that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner. You will be expected to act professionally and maintain confidentiality within your role at all times, sharing all relevant information with Randstad to ensure the best possible service to your students.
- Have neat handwriting able to present notes in a legible and presentable manner
- Accurate spelling and grammar skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- You will need to be able to work quickly and under time restrictions
- Good organisational skills
- Ideally you will have experience in working with specific learning difficulties individuals in higher or further education
If you feel this is the opportunity for you and have the desire to make a real difference, then apply online today.
Please note that if successful, you will be asked to attend an assessment and complete a registration process.
If you would like to discuss this role or have any questions, please contact the Randstad Student Support team on 0161 247 8800 or .
Randstad SWS acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad SWS is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.