Job Occupational Therapist
Location :Eltham , Greenwich
Salary: £23,774 - £42,477 (NHS Band 5-7 pro rata) (Dependent on experience). Contract terms: Full time - Term time only 38.5 hours per week
Do you have a passion for Occupational Therapy? Are you interested in Special Educational Needs? We have a fantastic opportunity for a Qualified Therapist to join a friendly, multidisciplinary team. You will work individually, within groups or via integrated therapy to provide specialist, direct and indirect therapy for autistic pupils, whilst having access to fully funded training and development opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge.
We are working with and supporting a fantastic school who are established, specialist provision for pupils with varying abilities aged 4-19, who have an autism diagnosis. Working within a small team of qualified speech and occupational therapists and assistants, you will provide specialist direct and indirect therapy for pupils including addressing motor, and perceptual skills, functional life skills, sensory processing difficulties and emotional regulation difficulties.
Supporting your professional pathway
- Specialism Development - Working with children of different ages who although have varying needs, are all diagnosed with ASD, allowing you to gain a breadth of experience in autism, the challenges this can create and the interventions adopted to overcome these.
- Multidisciplinary Team - Working alongside other Occupational and Speech Language Therapists, collaboratively with the Teaching & School Management Team, allowing your expertise to be widened and an integrated approach to pupil progress.
- Professional Development - Supporting and funding a range of qualifications and training inclusive of the following:
Attention Autism Training
PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System) Training
Sensory Integration Qualifications
Access to a wide range of Education & Childcare courses including RQF CACHE Level 2, 3 & 4 in Early Years, Learning Difficulties and Teaching & Learning
Masters of Education in Curriculum and Instruction
Organisational Behaviour Management Accreditation (developing team cohesion and leadership skills)
Developing knowledge of behavioral analysis and gaining accredited qualifications within the field
Funded membership of relevant specialist interest group/clinical excellence network
Ongoing clinical supervision support from an Occupational Therapist Consultant
Funded HCPC licence and RCOT membership
- Education Experience - Using a range of curriculums such as Essential for living, Developmental and
Mainstream to tailor an individualised approach for each pupil, providing a deep understanding of the different
learning techniques used in the education system.
What do you need?
- A recognised Occupational Therapy degree/qualification
- Health Care Professionals Council registration to practice
- Membership with the Royal College of Occupational Therapists
- Knowledge of special educational needs and Autism Spectrum Disorder
- A confident, caring and pro-active attitude
- 1-2 years proven experience working as an Occupational Therapist (ideally with children or within
education) is desirable
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.