Primary Class Teacher
Required: August 2021
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Region: Middle East
Curriculum: UK curriculum
Experience: 2+ years post qualification experience preferred
Sponsorship: Solo travellers preferred
Salary: 11,000 - 14,000 SAR dependent on experience
Contract: 2 year renewable
This fully equipped school supports students in Early years and Primary and follows the UK early years foundation stage (EYFS) at EY level and dual UK and saudi blended curriculum in Primary. The school places a great emphasis on pastoral care and well being and this holistic approach to education permeates throughout the school curriculum and learning.
Riyadh is the capital of Saudi Arabia. Traditionally a culturally strict city - you will need to be a culturally sensitive individual, looking to immerse yourself in a traditional Middle Eastern environment. Saudi Arabia enjoys a very vibrant, social and welcoming expatriate life style but it is not advertised on bill boards in big flashing lights. You have to go out to find it. Work is a good starting point to start you social life and from there it is a matter of networking and word of mouth. On the streets of Riyadh shopping and eating appear to be the main pastime especially for the locals and you are welcome to join in; there are big malls with western retail outlets and there is the usual array of restaurant chains.
Currently positions available in Grades 2, 3 and 4.
- Bachelors degree (preferably Education) with a PGCE or equivalent post qualifying certification
- Minimum two years experience however exceptional teachers with less experience may be considered
- Previous EAL teaching experience an advantage
- Applicants with previous international experience in the gulf region are particularly welcome to apply
- 11,000-14,000 SAR salary depending on qualification and experience
- Annual round trip airfare to home country and back
- 2 year renewable contract
- Visa and arrival travel paid by the school
- 82 total days of paid holiday (6 weeks during summer)
- Medical insurance valid within Saudi Arabia
- Transportation allowance
- Shared accommodation on compound with massive amenities (Alyamama Compound in Riyadh -) - 450 sq meter villa with garden space, private bedroom, 2 living rooms, shared kitchen and common areas
- Active staff social club (weekend trips, shopping, get togethers, dinners, cultural experiences, etc)
- Professional development, the primary coordinator is a pedagogical coach, staff have an annual PD budget
- State of the art programs and facilities
- End of service bonus
If you wish to apply please contact your local Teachanywhere consultant who will be happy to furnish you with more information and discuss further opportunities to enhance your teaching career overseas....