Principal Project Planner
6 Month Contract
- Provide professional leadership in respect of the planning processes; identification of key stakeholders; communication; promote awareness of accountabilities and responsibilities.
- To develop, maintain and progress quality project plans / schedules in line with the functional processes and project requirements.
- Maintain key inter-dependencies between projects and programmes confirming appropriate monitoring and action is undertaken as required in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate through agreed performance indicators the efficiency and effectiveness of the project plans / schedules developed and utilised
- Validate plans / schedules in line with the agreed functional Quality Management Plan for completeness and fitness for purpose.
- To provide the key point of interface between the planning function and the project teams and interface between the other project support functions such as Risk & Value; Cost Management etc.
- To oversee and confirm that the 'contractor schedule's comply with procedural and quality requirements
- To provide technical expertise and guidance to the project team and provide functional expertise as required.
- Support the continued personal and professional development of the planning resources within the project or programme.
- Rail Signalling experience
- Primavera P6
- Membership of a relevant professional body and/or have a CPD established to attain membership
- Relevant successful experience in the management, planning and delivery of major construction/engineering projects.
- Relevant successful experience of proprietary software planning/scheduling tools
- Previous knowledge and expertise within the field of project resource management.
- Good communication skills at all levels and a team player.
- Good information technology user skills.
- Knowledge of/experience in the UK rail industry.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please apply with your CV or contact Amelia Tuffen at Randstad CPE - London
Alternatively, if you know someone who may be interested we offer a £200 referral fee for successfully placed candidates.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.