Are you in the market for an exciting new position with one of the world's biggest raw materials businesses at their Shotton site? Are you experienced in working within a fast pace production environment? Are you looking for a role that can result in a position? If so, this could be the perfect role for you!
- 37.5 hours
- Double Day Shift - Alternative Weeks
- 4 Day Weeks
To carry out this role successfully, you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Operate processing machinery and material handling equipment in a safe and productive manner and to good standards of workmanship in order to deliver the required levels of customer service.
- Recognise relevant product ranges to facilitate prompt and accurate material selection and processing.
- Understand and implement maintenance activities to facilitate optimum productivity.
- Understand and deploy continuous improvement and problem solving techniques to optimise machine availability.
- Understand, deploy and seek to recommend improvements to production control procedures to support team performance objectives.
- Impart knowledge of processes and activities to others in a structured and formal manner to support the team's operational and development objectives.
- Where required, contribute to team level annual operational and financial budgets that secure the resources necessary to achieve agreed work programmes.
- Ensure the organisation of stocks, and appropriate records, to maintain optimum productivity and safety.
Requirements / Personal Specification
The business is looking for specific skills in the following areas;
Press Operatives who are fully trained and familiar in working within a fabrications environment.
- Production which involves experience of leading a multi-staged production process.
- The ability to demonstrate qualities of flexibility, an ability to adapt, initiative, drive and commitment.
- The ability to work safely under pressure and to tight timescales.
- Good all round education with strong numeracy, literacy, IT skills, with strong mechanical aptitude and spatial intelligence.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.