Have you recently graduated with a degree in psychology and have a passion for working with children that have additional needs?
Can you work under your own initiative?
Can you start as soon as possible?
If so, then this SEN teaching assistant role could be for you!
We are looking for enthusiastic special educational needs teaching assistants (SEN TA) to work with children that have SEMH needs to start after Easter break in Kirkby. The contract is for the summer term but a successful SEN TA may be offered a permanent position in September.
- £65-£75 per day
- A welcoming team that will make you feel supported throughout your role
- A 'Recommend a Friend' bonus up to £300
- A dedicated, professional and friendly consultant and a branch with 24 hour on-call facility
- A supportive team
- Experience working with children, preferably those with additional needs
- Be comfortable managing children with SEMH needs
- Enhanced DBS on the update service or willingness to get one
- Strong work ethic
- Able to adapt to the different needs of each child
- Contact details for 2 references
- Ensuring pupils stay on task by managing disruptive behaviour
- Providing support to children on a 1 to 1 basis or in a group setting
- Doing interventions
- Assisting the teacher in planning engaging lessons for the class in line with school policies
- Liaising with the class teacher and parents to provide the best support
- Following an individual behavioural plan
- Proving long term solutions to challenging behaviour
Qualifications are not essential but would be desirable.
If this sounds like something that would interest you please don't hesitate to contact me by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to contact me directly on 0161 200 1930 for further information.
Does this role not sound like the right fit for you? We work with a range of schools with a wide variety of roles so please email your CV to email@example.com and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
I look forward to hearing from you!...