No of positions : 10
Department : Purchase
Location : Chennai
Qualification : BE / Marine Background
Experience : 3 – 10 Years
- Monitoring & Processing of Purchase request (PR) for quote with company’s contracted/Preferred vendor.
- Following up with suppliers and obtain minimum 3 quality quotes for each PR within expected timeline.
- Notifying Technical Superintendent (TSI) proactively for approval & following up until PO is generated against each PR.
- Issue the PO to the vendors & following up for safe delivery of the Ordered items onboard.
- Notifying vessel on the supply arrangements at each port & following up with the vessel for GRN and close the PR accordingly.
- Clear the invoices towards the supplied orders and processing the invoice for payment in eye share within expected timeline.
- Handling discrepancies (If Any) for the ordered items and sorting out the same with the supplier.
- As far as possible the orders need to be consolidated with various contracted logistics service providers at maker location
- Arranging consolidated dispatch to global ports as per vessel trading.
- Liaising with the local logistics service provider/agency for arranging clearance & safe delivery of the shipment onboard.
- Notifying vessel on the shipment(s) delivery and following up for safe delivery onboard.
- Following up with the vessel for GRN & close the PR accordingly.
- Save the relevant data’s related to various Audits & maintain it regularly.
Interpersonal Skills :
- Good communication skills (Written and oral) in English, learning orientation, Attention to detail, Negotiation, Planning and organizing.
- Coordinate with the Technical superintendents to understand criticality of materials requests from time to time and ensuring the availability of the same and supporting TSI’s in fulfilling vessel’s supply requirements.
- Strong determination to maintain required KPI as per management requirement.
- Having exposure to various Microsoft tools – Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint/Word