Are you looking for a new opportunity in Fostering?
Do you care about children as if they were your own?
Do you have an aspiration for providing children with a safe and nurturing environment?
Randstad are currently working with an IFA who are looking for a Supervising Social Worker to join their Darlington team permanently on a full time or part time basis. The salary will vary between £29,000 - £34,000 depending on experience.
- You will be well supported and have regular supervision with the Registered Manager.
- You will have access to the Secure Base Model and will undertake training to allow you to confidently use it.
- You will be provided with a Laptop and Smartphone.
- You will have access to a range of opportunities for professional development.
- Your Social Work England registration will be paid for you.
- You will have access to free onsite parking.
- You will have access to a pension scheme, SSP, and up to 28 days holidays + bank holidays.
- You will be offered a fantastic salary.
- To be responsible for the recruitment, training, assessment, supervision and support of foster carers.
- To ensure that the children living with Foster Carers receive consistent care that is of an excellent standard.
- To promote high professional standards within every part of the service and ensure they are maintained.
- To undertake enquiries, initial visits and Form F assessments.
- To contribute to the recruitment, training and development of applicants and foster carers.
- To present Form F assessments to the Agency Fostering Panel.
- To manage a caseload of approved foster carers.
- To support and supervise foster carers through regular visits, video conferencing and telephone calls, completing necessary documentation, as required.
- Prepare for and implement annual foster care reviews.
- To work in partnership with and ensure the involvement and participation of children/young people, parents and carers in the assessment, planning and review of services.
- To work in partnership with other professionals and attend multi-agency meetings.
- To prepare and present written reports, that are of a high standard, to a variety of forums.
- To contribute to facilitating foster care support groups and workshops as required.
- To take part in an out-of-hours 'on call' system.
- To ensure that the safeguarding of children and young people and the promotion of their welfare is given absolute priority at all times.
- To ensure that all critical incidents/allegations are reported to the Registered Manager immediately, recorded, investigated and acted upon appropriately.
- To contribute to one's own continued professional development by taking part in supervision, training, appraisal and maintaining a record of evidence to support professional registration i.e. Social Work England.
- To undertake any additional duties that the Registered Manager considers appropriate for the position.
- You will participate in the out of hours rota, offering telephone support.
- Social Work Degree
- Social Work England registered
- Enhanced DBS
If you have the relevant experience in fostering and are able to assess, train and support new and existing carers or are just someone who is looking to transfer into a fostering team, we want to hear from you.
If you have any further questions, or wish to apply for this role then please contact Hannah on 0330 024 8775 otherwise Apply Below and I will be in touch soon.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing....