Are you an experienced Children's Social Worker?
Are you a dynamic and highly motivated individual who shares aspirations for Children and Young People?
Are you passionate about securing good outcomes for Children, Young People and Families?
Randstad are recruiting for a Qualified Social Worker to join Oldham Council's Duty and Assessment team. This is a full time role offering £42 per hour.
- Dedicated consultant - one point of contact
- Keep your CPD/training up to date by accessing our e-learning online portal
- Weekly payroll
- Competitive pay rates
- Working with a top local authority
- Weekly mailers keeping you up to date with locum posts within your locality
- Receive up to £300 for referring a friend or colleague (T&Cs apply)
- You will be part of a team of Social Workers that will specialise in meeting the needs of vulnerable children and young people. In this role you will undertake effective assessment and care planning as well as attend child protection case conferences, child in need meetings, legal planning meetings, LAC reviews, professionals' meetings, and undertake statutory duties.
- In addition, you will be responsible for the completion of children and family's assessments to determine thresholds of intervention with children and their families within a safeguarding context.
- You will need to have post qualifying experience in Duty and Assessment within a statutory safeguarding setting. You will have knowledge and experience of Safeguarding and of legislation, regulations and guidance relating to Children's social care together with an ability to assess and manage risk.
- As a social worker on the duty and assessment team, you will contribute to the team duty service on a five- week rolling duty system.
- You will need to effectively manage a caseload; with varying degrees of complexity dependent upon skills and length of experience and we will provide regular supervision, guidance and support.
- You will work in conjunction with partner agencies to deliver effective planning for children and families to ensure positive outcomes for children in Oldham. This will include representing the Council at a range of meetings, proceedings and reviews as required.
- Social Work England registered
- Social Work Qualification
- Enhanced DBS
If you have any further questions, or wish to apply for this role then please contact Hannah on 0330 024 8775 otherwise Apply Below and I will be in touch soon.
Are you thinking about a change in your career but not sure about this role? Whether you are an existing candidate, new to the locum market and are exploring some options or looking for a new permanent role, we have several exciting opportunities with competitive pay & flexibility. If you wish to discuss this further please call 0330 024 8775 and we would be happy to have a confidential discussion.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.