Randstad are currently recruiting for a Scanning Engineer to join TATA steel in Port Talbot. The position is initally for a period of 12 months, with a likely extension for the right person. The hourly rate for this engineering position is £12.87 per hour, working a 36.5 hour week
Tata Steel is one of the world's top ten steel producers. The combined group has an aggregate crude steel capacity of more than 28 million tonnes and approximately 80,000 employees across four continents. Tata Steel is part of the Tata Group, one of the largest, most diverse conglomerates in the world with businesses in the UK including Tata Steel, Jaguar Land Rover and Tetley Tea.
Tata Steel Strip Products UK have recently invested in Faro 3D Scanning equipment to compliment their existing Design tools. The purpose of this job is to provide a complete on site 3D scanning service to TSSP UK sites at Port Talbot and Llanwern. This service will be supporting the development of Capital Projects and both Plant and Maintenance Improvements complying with relevant standards and regulations.
- Provide an on site 3D Scanning service of Major Assets using the Faro Focus or Faro Freestyle Scanning equipment. This will support the "Design Out" maintenance failures / weaknesses to meet ongoing maintenance and plant improvements.
- To liaise with external technical organisations, manufacturers and other Tata departments and Divisions on 3D Scanning matters.
- To be the face to face contact and provide support knowledge to the Works area regarding work to be undertaken utilising the 3D Scanning equipment.
Requirements / Personal Specification
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Ability to undertake 3D Laser Scanning, competent in its deployment.
- Qualified to at least ONC Engineering Standard (or equivalent)
- Ability to handle and organise workforce, to write technical reports and communicate effectively with all levels of personnel with whom he/she has dealings.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Ability to use 3D Cad Modelling software, preferably Solidwords.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.