Are you experienced in maintenance work or buildings management and would like a pivotal role in your local community? Do you have experience of being a keyholder and relish the responsibility and challenge this can bring? A role as a school caretaker might be worth considering!
At Randstad Education we are recruiting for a school caretaker on behalf of a primary school in the North Liverpool area. This exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to work initially on a temporary basis, starting immediately to cover for a sickness absence. The role will be Monday - Friday, split shifts 7.30 - 9.30 & 2.30 - 5.30 with your main duties being open and closing the school along with some maintenance and cleaning.
This is an amazing opportunity to work as part of a dedicated school team, reporting to the HR Manager. Our staff have a well-deserved reputation as being the best in Merseyside and as a reward for your hard work and commitment to Randstad you will also benefit from:
- a dedicated, professional and friendly specialist School Support Services consultant and a branch with 24 hour on-call facility
- competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- commitment to your continuing professional development through free training
- 'recommend a friend' bonus worth up to £300
- the flexibility to work when and where you want through our network of branches
- being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it, especially through various rewards like 'Candidate of the Term'
This is a great opportunity to provide a practical service to the staff and pupils of this amazing school. Responsibilities would include but are not limited to the following:
- Locking or unlocking of the school as required and ensuring general security of the site
- Routine maintenance of school buildings and grounds and also undertaking minor repair work, for example changing light bulbs, erecting shelves, painting and redecorating, minor plumbing, as well as grounds maintenance including grass-cutting
- Cleaning duties including litter, bins and toilets; assistance with deep cleaning of classrooms
- Porterage of heavy objects for example stock, furniture or equipment
- Ensuring the school has sufficient stock of cleaning resources
- Overseeing of external contractors visiting the school site
- Support the school policies and procedures, for example relating to child safeguarding and data protection, and contributing to the school ethos as a whole
As the successful candidate you will have:
- Previous experience of working in a similarly responsible site role, preferably within a school
- Ability to relate well to children and adults alike
- Knowledge of COSHH regulations and safe storage of materials
- Basic Health & Safety knowledge, and willingness to adhere to the Code of Safe Working Practice (COSWP) for Caretaking and Premises Staff
- A background in plumbing, woodwork or general 'handy-work' or DIY would be advantageous
- The willingness to learn and train on the job
- A strong work ethic, the ability to work as part of a team, and a professional and proactive attitude
Randstad Education is the UK Market Leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2500 schools each week, our staff support over 135,000 children every day across the country, so we can find the right match for your skills. The Liverpool branch is one of the oldest and busiest in the country and has a dedicated team of consultants working across primary, secondary and SEN, and we now also have a dedicated section looking after School Support roles such as Caretakers, Administrators and Technicians.
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Merseyside, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools, temporary or permanent, short or long-term, full or part-time, which may be a better match. All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child protection and UK eligibility checks, including enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and full referencing process. If you are suitable, a virtual interview would be offered immediately and you could start working in the school soon after.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Heidi McGreary, your specialist Support Services consultant, via email on email@example.com or by telephone on 0151 255 1666, we look forward to hearing from you!...