Do you have experience working on a major rail contract managing the early stage building works?
My client, a large civil engineering contractor are looking for a strong Section Engineer to assist them on a long term freelance basis working in Central London. The chosen candidate will be reporting directly into a Project Manager whilst managing subcontract civil and builing packages from concept to completion.
This role is inside of IR35 so you will be required to work through an Umbrella company or be paid PAYE via Randstad.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Project Manager
- Liaising with clients, subcontractors and the design team
- Preparing and writing method statements, ITP's and risk assessments
- Site set up and compliance with health and safety
- Planning and programming of the works 3 weeks ahead
- Attending weekly progress meetings
- Management of site/setting out engineers
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Experience working with a recognised tier 1 contractor
- Have previous experience as a Section Engineer in the rail fitout environment
- Knowledge of heavy civils
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- A valid CSCS card
If you are interested in this role please apply with your CV or contact Morgan Broughton at Randstad CPE - London.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.