Position: SEN English Teacher
Location: Eltham , Greenwich
Contract: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £26,355 to £36,035 per year
Hours: 40 hours per week
We are working with and supporting a school in Eltham , Greenwich who are currently looking to recruit an English Teacher. The school supports children from 4-19 years old who have difficulties with communication and social interaction, typically associated with Asperger's Syndrome and Autism, and challenging behaviour.
- To contribute to the delivery and development of the curriculum, having regard to the educational, physical and social needs of the students within a learning environment.
- To work collaboratively with other members of staff as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- To maintain and use short, medium and long term plans in delivering the curriculum.
- To set, monitor and review personalised targets that will optimise learning for each individual.
- To monitor, assess, review and report on the progress and work of students to parents, team members, senior staff, examination and funding bodies through reports and identified meetings as directed and as is required through school policies and procedures.
- To maintain knowledge through training and research where appropriate and take responsibility for own professional development.
- To develop lesson plans analysing and self-reflecting on the outcomes.
The team at Eltham are a family, they believe in working together to achieve the best for their co-workers and students alike. Naturally passionate educators, the whole team strives to exceed expectations at every opportunity. At Eltham they understand "it's about more than education".
Skills and Qualifications
- PGCE, QTS, or equivalent teaching qualification and evidence of in-service training
- Relevant knowledge and experience of pupils with ASD, SEMH and PDA profile
- Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures
- Experience of managing a range of approaches to behaviour, including managing behaviours that challenge
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check....