Are you a compassionate and patient person?
Do you enjoy working with SEN learners and making a difference to their lives?
Can you provide a safe and positive school experience for students with complex needs and learning difficulties?
A specialist school providing day and residential support for young people with Autism spectrum conditions or additional social, emotional and mental health needs is urgently seeking a teaching assistant to join their team on a full time basis, 8:30am-4:30pm daily (Part time applicants will be considered).
As a teaching assistant you're preparing the students for adult life, through person-centred academic and vocational study programmes leading to independent living with employment or further study. By working together with this exceptional educational team, you will increase resilience, confidence, self-esteem, emotional intelligence and well-being in these children and young adults.
This setting supports children and young adults between the ages of 7-19 years and boasts extensive grounds. This setting is local to Darwen. This setting has exceptional facilities that include horticultural areas, outdoor learning environments, gym, digital studio and Science labs.
This position is a term time only role, needed ASAP till the end of the academic year in the first instance. Permanent opportunities are available in this school for the right candidate.
Your responsibilities include:
- Assist students during class making sure they are on track.
- Liaise with the class teacher to ensure a smooth running class.
- Enabling learners to access the curriculum.
- Support the pastoral needs of the learners.
- Be an active part in setting the learning environment.
- Supporting learners on a 1:1 base and part of a small group in a range of activities throughout the day
- Using your interests to engage learners in learning.
The ideal candidate may possess the following skills and capabilities:
- Be able to work with learners that have various learning difficulties.
- Be confident to support the lead in groups, in different educational subjects.
- Own transport (desirable but not essential)
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- NVQ level 2 in Teaching and learning is desirable but not essential
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
The benefits of this role are:
- Working with children and seeing their ongoing development
- Opportunities for career progression/ fully funded qualifications
- On-site parking/free school meals
- Team Teach training available (free of charge)
Do you feel that you have the skills and patients for this role? Would you like to start or develop your experience in the SEN field? Then this is definitely the role for you.
For more information about this role contact Bryony di Cara on 07546027009 for a chat about the role.
Randstad Education maintains the highest standard of child safety and compliance when placing candidates into schools. Any successful candidates will be subject to the compliance process that also includes the enhanced DBS check....