SEN Learning Support Assistant
Full-time, long term required in the Liverpool area.
Start date: January 2023
A Liverpool based SEN school seeks to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to support their pupils. Children have been excluded from mainstream school, have emotional, behavioural needs, attendance or truanting issues.
The SEN school supports and values their staff and relationships with their students, a nurturing environment whilst being able to provide firm boundaries for students.
Providing training opportunities with access to accredited Team Teach training and Safeguarding which will be beneficial in supporting pupils and furthering your career in education. This role will span for the academic year with the view to take the successful candidate onto a permanent contract.
- Supporting students with social, emotional, mental health needs across secondary ages providing classroom support as well as home support if needed
- You will also be required to provide 1:1 support with any emotional issues, and supporting if pupils are behind with their work
- Completing progress reports on pupils progress
- Experience and understanding of how to support young people with social, emotional, mental health needs
- Flexible in being able to provide 1:1, group support
- Deal with any challenging behaviours or incidents in a calm manner
- Committed and enthusiastic in order to establish positive relationships with pupils and offer support to regulate their feelings.
- Experience of working in a school environment
- A resilient, patient nature
- Available to work start as soon as possible
Randstad also offers dedicated consultants who will listen and work with your preferences with the refer a friend scheme of £300.
Our office is open from 7am - 6pm Monday to Friday, with a consultant on call each evening and across the weekend who will be able to assist you with your enquiry.
If you join Randstad Education you will have a dedicated consultant who will listen and work with your preferences and needs, opportunities to work within your local area and free accredited career & professional development training, whilst building excellent teaching experience in the Liverpool area; supporting Teachers & Teaching Assistant's with their search for short term, long term and permanent job opportunities. All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child protection and UK eligibility checks.
To discuss this role in more detail, please contact Danah at the Liverpool branch on 0151 255 1666, alternatively, send your CV to email@example.com. If you are interested in this position, please don't hesitate and apply today!...