Senior Quantity Surveyor - North London
If you are a Senior Quantity Surveyor who comes from a main contracting background and have experience leading a residential project from inception to handover - this one is for you.
Note: My Client will only consider candidates who have stability on their CV as well as experience of working with sustainable construction methods within the UK
A vacancy on a brand new residential project in North London has arisen due to company expansion. Do you want to work for a prestigious tier 1 main contractor.
- Exciting new RC frame development consisting of 150 units as well as commercial space
- Circa £40m
- Great exposure for a career-driven senior QS who can hit the ground running - leading all the high risk early package procurement
- Fantastic mentors to learn from, some of the best in the game.
- 4 years of solid work forecasted on project - great promotion opportunities moving forward
What you will be doing
- You will essentially be leading the project and your own team
- Manage and drive subcontract procurement, deliver the procurement to a programme ensuring timely placed orders. Identify risks, gains, areas of design input or potential value engineering.
- Establish and monitor subcontract resources.
- Produce sub-contractor buying analyses together with detailed back-up information identifying the package summary for approval by the Commercial Manager / Project Manager / Regional Director, prior to the order being placed.
- Preparing CVR's
- Manage other members of commercial staff, likely to be at Trainee/Assistant or QS level. Support and maximise their output, carry out their appraisal and performance reviews.
- At least 10 years experience working within a QS position in the UK, with experience in leading a project of at least £20m to from inception to completion
- An excellent approach to work and professional outlook on the construction industry
- Developer / Main Contractor experience desired
- RC Frame experience needed
- Strong references
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid commercial acumen
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent (BSc Quantity Surveying preferred)
- Paying up to £95,000 basic salary
- Highly competitive remuneration package
- Bonus up to 10%
- Dynamic, forward thinking company, progressive ethos
- Opportunity for flexible working
- Strong pipeline of work
- Long term stability and progression
If you're interested in the role and want to hear more, reply to this advert with your CV and I'll contact you directly. If you would prefer to have an initial discussion over the phone, give Max Chambers a call in our offices on 07860 679 314.
Your details will be kept strictly confidential and will never be sent to anyone without you first giving permission. I'll look forward to hearing from you, come back to me ASAP to make the initial shortlist!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.