Are you looking for an opportunity to further your skills as a Senior Practitioner?
Are you looking for a change in your current career?
If so, we want to hear from you as we are supporting an organisation recruiting for a Senior Practitioner.
The successful candidate can expect to achieve up to £30,240.
Responsible To: House Manager
Responsible For: Assisting the House Manager in the Management of the House in
compliance with National Standards, Policy and Practice Guidance.
- SVQ Social Services (Children and Young People) SCQF Level
- SVQ Care Services Leadership and Management SCQF Level
- Any award in management that is certificated at or above
SCQF Level 8* (min 60 credits) and mapped against the
National Occupational Standards: Leadership and
Management for Care Services SCQF Level 10
The qualifications for this post must meet the SSSC registration requirements for a
A part or unqualified Senior Practitioner must become fully qualified within 18 months
of starting their post.
Membership of Professional Body: Scottish Social Services Council
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Senior Practitioners are at all times responsible for the following;
- To support the House Managers to implement and develop of the aims and objectives
of the House in consultation with senior management.
- To work in collaboration with the House Manager
- To create an environment in which individual, physical and emotional needs can be met.
- To be involved in Change-overs and other daily exchanges to ensure the effective
management of the service.
- To have knowledge of and practice within Policy, Practice and
Procedures, and to support the House Manager in monitoring and appropriately
responding to the care team's awareness, understanding and compliance.
- To maintain consistency of practice, based on the implementation of
- To practice at all times in accordance with the Scottish Social Services Council Code of
Conduct, and to monitor and appropriately record and respond to the care teams
compliance/non-compliance with this issue.
- To ensure good child care is practised, based on the implementation of Care Plans by
- To be a Mentor and coach to the staff and stakeholders
- To co-ordinate the activities of the house on a day to day basis, and to be involved in
the long-term planning for, and development of the group.
- To ensure accurate reports and records in all matters relating to stakeholders and
- To be responsible for the deployment of staff on day to day basis in the absence of the
- To organise and participate in staff meetings, senior staff meetings, and any other
appropriate meetings as delegated by the external line manager.
- To undertake management of volunteer befrienders, students and trainees on
placement within the House, in consultation with the House Manager.
- To provide regular Support & Supervision for TSW's, volunteer befrienders, students
and trainees on placement within the House, in consultation with the House Manager.
- To participate in on-call for the organisation.
- Completion of the Scottish Social Services Council qualification criteria for professional
registration and to support and monitor the care teams compliance with this core
- To complete mandatory training on SCM - a prescribed approach on managing the
behaviour of resident young people, and, to administer the prescribed physical restraint
techniques on resident young people when required, and to maintain a record and
appropriately respond to the care teams compliance with this mandatory training and
ability to administer.
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by the House Manager, or
Senior Management Team.
- To manage and operate budgets within the figures and guidelines laid down.
- To monitor ongoing expenditure, and to timeously alert the House Manager if budgets
are overspent or present as inadequate.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.