Are you looking for a new role as a Senior Scientist? Are you looking for a Team Leader role? Do you want to work for a business that is growing at a rapid pace with lots of opportunity for the future? If so, this could be the role for you!
This role is for a Senior Scientist to work as our clients Culture Medium Team Leader. Your primary focus is to develop culture medium formulations using high-throughput technology towards animal component free, low cost, large-scale and reproducible manufacture of cultivated meat. You will work closely with the other R&D teams to optimise protocols and deliver our company-wide milestones.
This role is offered on a full time permanent basis, with a business that also offers lots of other benefits that will make you feel truly at home whilst at work.
- Design, plan, and perform R&D Culture Medium activities, ensuring that deliverables are successfully met within project timelines
- Lead and develop the Culture Medium team to deliver on R&D milestones
- Provide guidance and coaching to support the growth of the Culture medium team
- Determine the most appropriate methodologies to test hypotheses, and identify suitable alternatives if technical problems arise
- Gather, analyse, and present scientific data from a variety of sources
- Document research findings clearly in an electronic lab book
- Select, follow, and further develop experimental protocols and generate laboratory SOPs
- Provide general laboratory management and administration
- Support the preparation of laboratory risk assessments and maintenance of health and safety protocols
- Participate as a key member of the R&D management team with responsibility for day-to-day decision making within your team
- Provide written and verbal progress reports to the Senior Leadership Team and to external collaborators
- Contribute to discussions and share research findings with colleagues in partner institutions, and research groups (as required)
- Keep up to date with field developments and apply these to improve experimental design and assay performance
- A PhD in a relevant area of Biological Sciences or related field
- ≥ 6 years of post-doctoral or industry experience in relevant area
Essential experience required:
- In-depth experience in cell culture: isolation, maintenance and differentiation of stem or primary cell types
- Expertise in cellular and molecular biology assays such as enzyme-based metabolism assays, protein quantification, ICH & PCR
- Proven experience in the development of cell-based processes, including in-depth expertise in cultured cell biochemistry, metabolism and culture medium development
- Skilled at the design, set up and running of complex experiments
- Proficient in the detailed analysis and presentation of complex data sets
- Mathematically literate
- Familiarity with the development and implementation of automation to support high-throughput media development
- Experience of writing SOPs and risk assessments under quality management system
- Highly organised, self-motivated, and capable of working both independently and collaboratively, in a fast-paced team environment with shifting priorities
- Root cause analysis and problem solving
- Management experience with a proven track record of success delivering R&D projects
- A proven history of independent investigations and innovative thinking
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.