Are you an experienced and qualified senior support worker who is looking for an exciting new challenge? Do you enjoy working in a therapeutic environment? We are seeking an experienced, qualified support worker to work at a children's residential home in the Whitchurch area.
You will be working for an established organisation that offer a focused therapeutic approach to the children and young people they care for to ensure that their placement goals are met and achieved. The organisation specialise in working with children and young people who present a complex range of attachment disorders and emotional needs. A salary of up to £24,500 plus £50 sleep in allowance is being offered along with a therapeutic training programme
The successful candidates will be responsible for
- Assisting the Homes Manager in developing the skills and potential of therapeutic support workers.
- The efficient and effective running of the shifts, overseeing and supervising the staff team in their daily working practices whilst developing the skills and knowledge.
- Supporting children and young people who have challenging behaviours and complex needs
- When required, deputise in the absence of the Home Manager ensuring that the home is safe and is run effectively
- Attend reviews and or meetings as required and directed.
- Providing safe boundaries and a range of creative opportunities for the development of personal well-being
- Acting as a key worker for specific children and young people
- Promoting positive outcomes for children and young people who are being supported in the areas of staying safe, being healthy and enjoying and taking part in activities.
- Completing and maintaining administrative records as required by the home
For this exciting but challenging role the ideal candidates must
- Have Level 3 QCF Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent
- Experience of working as a senior support worker in a childrens residential home
- Be highly motivated, enthusiastic and able to offer a focused approach to the young people being cared for.
- Have experience in working with children and young people or experience of working with children and young people.
- Be able to work on a rolling rota of 7.30 -23.00 plus sleep in.
- Have the dedication and commitment to making a difference to the lives of the children and young people who are living in a residential home.
- Hold a full UK driving licence and will require a full enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
If you feel you are the ideal person for this role and are committed to making a difference to the lives of children and young people please forward your CV to myself.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing....