Are you looking for a fulfilling and flexible role that helps make a positive difference to students?
We are looking for several study assistants to join our team in supporting students at Universities in Dundee.
We provide support across various universities for students with various disabilities, including hearing and visual impairments, physical disabilities and SpLD. We are looking for the right individuals to support our students to really make a difference to their higher education career.
As a study assistant you will support students to develop their independence and autonomy in higher education. You will also assist students in assessing the teaching and learning environments of the university.
- Flexible working hours - you choose your own hours
- 28 days holiday pay pro rata - perfect for the summer holidays and Christmas breaks
- Working for the UK's leading provider - you're in safe hands
- Interacting directly with students - YOU help them to achieve their goals
Pay Rates vary from £10 p/h to £15 p/h
- Provide support and reassurance for students adapting to the academic demands of higher education.
- To help the student maintain their motivation.
- To assist students with transition to university by helping them to understand the routine of university life.
- Support with building independence, communication with peers and staff.
- Assist students to implement strategies to help manage their workload, organisation and time management.
- To liaise with Randstad (and the Disability support team, where appropriate) regarding student progress or on any matters regarding a student's support needs or well-being.
- Degree or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of Higher Education
- Knowledge of the barriers that disabled people may experience in higher education
- An enhanced level of skill and experience of working with disabled people
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to principles of equality of opportunity
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and punctuality
- Good organisational skills
- Understanding of confidentiality issues
- Understanding of role boundaries
If you believe this is an opportunity for you and have the desire to make a real difference, then apply online today.Randstad Student & Worker Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Student & Worker Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.