Are you looking for a new opportunity to support and encourage students in higher education? We are searching for experienced individuals in London who are passionate about making a difference to the lives of students through providing one-to-one academic support for students with specific learning disabilities (SpLD/Dyslexia).
You will support students through their time at University, helping them to overcome their obstacles to learning and providing them with the skills to make a fundamental contribution to their university lives and beyond.
We are looking for support workers to help students at universities within Leeds. We have long-term relationships with the universities in and around Plymouth and work alongside them to provide specialist support to students with disabilities. You will be joining a team of other independent support workers to support students across the different campuses of each university.
- Flexible working hours - you choose your own hours
- 28 days holiday pay pro rata - perfect for the summer holidays and Christmas breaks!
- Competitive hourly pay rate
- Working for the UK's largest provider of Non-Medical Help (NMH) support
You will be expected to:
- Provide individual support to students with Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD)
- Support students in time management, assignment planning, research and comprehension skills, etc.
- Set clear aims and objectives with students and support students to meet these objectives
- Work closely with Randstad to ensure any concerns are addressed in a timely manner
- Act professionally and in a confidential manner within your role at all times
This is a specialist role, so it is essential you hold a professional membership with one of the following:
- The Professional Association of Teachers of Students with Specific Learning Difficulties (PATOSS) - Full or associate membership
- British Dyslexia Association (BDA) - Full professional membership
- The Association of Dyslexia Specialists in Higher Education (ADSHE) - Professional membership
- Dyslexia Guildo Associate Member (ADG) o Associate Member (ADG FE/HE) o Member (MDG)
Further skills/requirements include:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to identify ways of helping students to build on their learning strengths whilst maintaining a confidential and professional working relationship
- Accurate spelling and grammar skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- Good organisational skills
If you feel this is the opportunity for you and have the desire to make a real difference, then please apply online today.Randstad SWS acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad SWS is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.