Do you want to make a lasting difference in people's lives?
Do you want to support people to help them achieve their goals, dreams and aspirations?
Do you have the passion to make a difference?
A supportive and well established setting in Preston is looking for a Residential Care Worker to join their well established team on a full time basis. This position is permanent and is shift based. Applicants for this role must be available for day, night and weekend shifts. The home provides accommodation for up to 6 young people between the ages of 8 and 18. Young people with Learning Disabilities and Autistic Spectrum Disorder are encouraged to develop transferable skills that become essential in later independent life. The setting aims to ensure that the house reflects that of a family home where young people feel safe, relaxed and cared for in a non-institutionalised setting. The accommodation is decorated to a high standard, which is conducive to providing a friendly and homely atmosphere. This setting is committed to giving all the children high levels of care that allow them to achieve amazing outcomes. This setting can offer you career progression opportunities and on site training.
See below some of the fabulous benefits from this organisation:
- On going training and development plans
- Fantastic opportunities for career development (multiple sites locally to progress within)
- Refer a Friend' scheme - £300*
- Monthly recognition awards
- 4 % pension plan
- Opportunity to qualify and get necessary qualifications whilst working
- £60 sleep in
In this role you will be expected to deliver the below responsibilities.
- Supporting, assisting and and advising the learners
- Communicating with the line manager and ensure to keep a safe environment for the learners
- Providing respectful personal care, practical and emotional support
- Maximising social opportunities and community engagement
- Completing necessary training when needing and required
To be suitable for this opportunity you will require the below skills and experience:
- Between 6 and 12 months of care experience or 6 to 12 months of childcare experience (SEN)
- Own transport
- Child and adult DBS
- A passion for care and support work
- Candidates for this role must be over the age of 21
Desirable attributes or experience, however not essential
- Experience working in a residential childcare
- Experience working and supporting children with EBD and complex needs
- NVQ level 2 or 3.
If you're looking to join a company with fantastic training opportunities, competitive salary, working with a friendly, close knit team then this could be the ideal role for you. To avoid missing out on such a brilliant opportunity to join a market leader in the area, please apply today. If you need any more information regarding the role you can call Khurram on 01293 558697.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing....