Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity to help young people in your local area?
Are you an experienced teacher looking for work in an Alternative education setting?
An opening has arisen for a teacher or tutor, offering a chance to be a key part of changing the lives of children aged 11 to 16 at a leading Alternative Education School. My Client based in Wolverhampton is currently seeking 2 amazing teachers to join them. As a tutor or teacher we would want to see a passion for instilling excitement in the students for learning and an individual who can provide our young people with a safe and encouraging environment for them to learn and flourish. We welcome applications from ECTs, unqualified tutors, experienced teachers and those from relevant sectors (e.g. social care and youth work) seeking to train as a teacher/tutor.
My client provides opportunities for children who need a safe space outside of home and who need adults around them who provide both a nurturing, encouraging and supportive environment. Progress Schools are small but perfectly formed, having on average 30-55 pupils on roll.
If successfully appointed, as a teacher or tutor you would be responsible for teaching a range of subjects to all students throughout the school. These subjects would not require subject specialism due to the level at which it will be taught. However, it will require someone who is able to adapt their creativity across different curriculum's.
You will be an integral part of continuing the altruistic work of my client and giving the pupils the chance to either get back into mainstream schools or progress into a sustained Post 16 pathway. Whilst also being fully supported with a range of CPD, career progression and in house training.
- Salary (£18,819.11 to £28,228.67 dependent on experience)
- Death in service insurance
- Paid qualifications as part of a structured CPD Programme
- Maternity/Paternity Leave - After required length of service
- Gym Membership, Eye Test, Free Lunch & Nexus Benefits Programme
- Enhanced Employee Assistance Programme for Immediate Family
- Group support including annual Group conference and annual review of benefits
Expectations within the role:
- Identifying clear teaching objectives and specifying how they will be taught and assessed. Setting tasks which challenge students and ensure high levels of interest.
- Contribute to developing schemes of work that engage pupils, many of whom have barriers to learning.
- Develop individual learning plans which identify clear targets and success criteria for pupils taught.
- Maintaining discipline in accordance with the school's procedures and encouraging good practice regarding punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework
Requirements before applying to the role:
- Teachers - to have a degree in your chosen subject and QTS/QTLS (or be willing to work towards)
- Tutors - to have a degree or equivalent and be willing to work towards a teaching qualification.
- Those from other backgrounds - Degree or equivalent and experience in a relevant sector working with young people. Willingness to undertake a formal teaching qualification.
- Proven track record of raising attainment, supporting behavioural challenges and ability to display pastoral care.
- Due to the nature of this role the applicants must already hold a DBS on the update service, or be willing to apply for a new DBS
Our sole focus is to help young people secure positive progressions back in mainstream schools or into Further Education. Therefore, there would be further expectations to:
- Contribute to a positive ethos for learning
- Overtly promote the values and achievements of the school to the community
- To be aware of and follow the company Equality, Safeguarding and Health and Safety Policies
- Have and create high expectations of staff and students
We would love to hear from applicants who are passionate about working with young people who need support for their positive change and lead a team of peers with the same mindset.
If you want the opportunity to creative a positive learning environment for some wonderful pupils and think you would perform well in this role and are interested in applying, contact Josh on 0151 433 0972 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org...