We have a great opportunity for an experienced Transport manager to join a leading distribution company based in Lutterworth.
This company is going from strength to strength so it's a really exciting time to join!
- Competitive salary
- Working hours are 37.5 hours per week - 8:30 to 5:00 or 9:00 to 5:30 pm Monday to Friday.
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holiday
- Opportunity to buy and sell Holiday after a year
- Contribute to the delivery of EBITDA targets, cash flow and budgets.
- Organise and control the effective supervision of all transport key activities within the depot against the targets set.
- Ensure ongoing compliance of the depot's growing vehicle fleet.
- Manage the companies legal requirements of monitoring taco graphs on behalf of the General Manager Regularly report on results, production of suite of reports and feedback to drivers and management, agree and ensure remediable action where required.
- Incident and accident reporting and the timely completion of investigation reports.
- Monitor, evaluate and implement a delivery structure to improve customer lead times.
- Appraise, train and develop staff both directly and through line managers.
- Ensure through the transport activities the site operates within company policy and legal requirements at all times.
- Ensure the depot acts as a hub function for IDN, evening/weekend deliveries and other depot service to move towards a 24/7 delivery site.
- Ensure that the depot operates within the stated company quality assurance procedures. Ensure the regular monitoring and delivery of customer service targets.
- Undertake any reasonable tasks or duties assigned by the appropriate line managers from time to time, related to the effective and efficient performance of the job, and providing they are within the post holders skills and ability.
- HGV licence
- Appropriate Health and Safety qualification - IOSH, COSHH
- CPC Certificate.
- Achieved or working towards supervisory management qualification with the Institute of Supervisory Management
- ADR Awareness
Click apply if you think this role is for you!
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone....