Do you have experience supporting children in a social care or residential educational setting? Do you enjoy supporting and working with children and young people? Are you looking for new permanent role as a senior Residential Support Worker in the Shrewsbury area?
Randstad Care is proud to be supporting a Children's Residential service to recruit permanent Residential Support Workers for their homes located around the Shrewsbury area. The homes care and support children and young people who present a variety of complex needs between the ages of 8 - 16 years.
The permanent full time roles will start as soon as possible,
* Leading a team of residential support workers in daily tasks and assisting the manager in the smooth running of the home
* Supporting children in a residential setting with all aspects of their daily lives.
* Working on an agreed shift basis, including sleep in's.
* Full time - 169 hours per month.
* Attending to practical matters in relation to childcare (cooking, cleaning etc).
* Establishing positive relationships with young people and always offering them unconditional and positive support/regard.
* Meeting the physical, emotional, behavioural, cultural and educational needs of young people.
* Acting as a role model and demonstrating appropriate pro-social ways of dealing with problems.
* Helping young people gain self-control by challenging unacceptable behaviour and rewarding acceptable, pro-social conduct.
* Ensuring that each young person's care plan is followed and amended as appropriate to reflect their changing needs.
* Previous experience in a residential childcare setting.
* Driving licence is essential.
* NVQ Level 3 in Children & Young People is essential for the senior support worker role
* Competitive salary with overtime also paid.
* Successful management development program that has a proven success rate.
* After two years of service you will receive a simply health plan (dental and optical)
* Benefit and high street discount scheme available to employees.
* Enhanced annual Leave.
* Work with a team of clinicians that an offer bespoke training and clinical supervision for staff.
* Offer Diplomas ranging from Level 3-5 in Residential Care.
* Employee discount scheme.
* Employee assistance programme.
* Career progression and CPD Monthly Supervision.
If you feel you are the ideal person for this role and are committed to making a difference to the lives of children and young people, please forward your CV to myself.