Are you a welder/fabricator looking for your next big opportunity? Do you live within a commutable distance from Port Talbot? If so, this is a brilliant opportunity for you.
The Fabricator / Welder responsible for the manufacture and repair of equipment using a wide range of welding and fabrication techniques to support the Manufacturing Engineering function in maintaining process lines, cranes and safety systems across the site.
In this capacity, you must ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with local and works SOP's in order to provide a safe working environment.
Role responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Health, Safety and Environmental performance adhering to the works IMS procedures and PPE instructions / procedures and facilitating the team safety meetings.
- Undertake safe operation of equipment within the Manufacturing Engineering workshops.
- Manufacture fabrications from existing drawings to the required standard in the expected delivery period.
- Assist with development of designs for manufacture of process line and safety improvements.
- Undertake repairs and refurbishments of existing equipment, e.g. Galvanising line pot gear.
- Take an active role in CI, maintaining and improving safety and housekeeping standards within the Manufacturing Engineering Workshops.
- Undertake work on process lines, auxiliary plant and cranes as required.
- Undertake Zone Safety audits at a given frequency as per Safety Sub Plan.
- Undertake Risk assessments and LOLERs for activities to be undertaken.
- Deputise for the Team Leader as and when required.
Requirements / Personal Specification
To be successful in your application, you must be a time served welder / fabricator and have adequate relevant plant experience in a steel and construction related industry. You must have good communications skills and a full understanding of company procedures with regard to safety and environment for the given job level.
- You must also be able to work as part of a multi-disciplined team, possess good risk awareness when planning and undertaking tasks.
If you would like to apply to this vacancy you can either submit your CV to this advert or you can give me a call on 01489 560132 (Ask for Connor)
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.