Do you have customer service experience? Do you have administration experience? Are you a strong communicator? If yes, then this could be the job for you!
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join Hertfordshire Police!
Role:Witness Care Officer
Location:Hatfield Police Station
Contract length:6 Months
Main purpose of the role:
To contribute to achieving the vision, purpose and values of Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire police organisations in the delivery of their objectives, by ensuring the effective provision of efficient Witness Care support in relation to Administration of Justice objectives, to deliver an effective outcome with partner agencies so offenders are brought to justice. To contribute to achieving the vision, purpose and values of Bedfordshire Police and Hertfordshire Constabularies.
- Provide a broad range of administrative support to facilitate and coordinate the attendance of witnesses at Court where they are required to give evidence, acting as a single point of contact to provide hearing updates to victims and witnesses, within prescribed time guidelines and in accordance with the Victims' Code of Practice and the Witness Charter
- Conduct needs assessments for witnesses against set criteria, highlighting any relevant information which could impact on case management, to the Case Coordinator or Crown Prosecution Service
- Provide professional advice in relation to Criminal Justice processes, specifically in relation to Witness Care
- Effectively operate and maintain ICT systems to ensure accuracy. To include obtaining and submitting information from/to internal and external partners, and victims and witnesses, and ensuring accurate details are entered onto the relevant system(s) expeditiously
- To evaluate and process incoming queries and information from a variety of different sources. Assessing the information, applying national criteria in relation to vulnerable and intimidated witnesses where appropriate, and either dealing with them or disseminating them to the most appropriate recipient, in an expedient manner in order to minimise any risk
- Provide resilience within the Case Management teams by performing Administration of Justice duties if and when required to do so
- Experience of working in an administrative role, including operating word processing packages
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service
Apply now! And a member of the team will be in touch to discuss next steps.
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy....