health & safety protocols
access control and quarantine
- Set clear policies for workplace access
- Draw up a map of your workplace and map out all key elements employees need to access
- Request employees quarantine when they show any sign of COVID-19 symptoms
- Track and document all building entries and exits
- Set clear policies for physical distancing in the workplace: maintaining distance between employees, avoiding employee’ gatherings in common spaces (entrances, exits, stairwells, and inside trailer offices) and in-person meetings or in a closed room
- State the social distancing policy at the entrance zone and elevators
- Install floor indicators to help employees respect your local country distance
- Install plexiglass panes when social distancing can not be 100% respected
- Establish daily disinfection procedures
- Place hand washing stations at the entrance of the building and ask employees to wash their hands upon entry
Remind workers of proper hand washing techniques before and after shifts, during breaks, after going to the bathroom, etc.
- Increase hand washing stations with proper hand hygiene reminders
- Clean and disinfect all common areas at the end of each shift
- Provide proper equipment to promote hygiene and prohibit sharing of tools to minimize the spread of the virus
- Clean and disinfect all tools and machinery, and increase cleaning at the end of the day
- Disinfect keyboards, mouses and phones at the end of the day with anti-bacterial disinfectants, and leave desks empty
don't have a protocol?
facilities and equipment
- Stop elevator use whenever possible. If that’s not possible, restrict elevators to 2 people at a time.
- Stop sharing items such as pens, phones, etc.
- Disinfect printers and photocopiers after each use, or finding alternative solutions to their use
- Establish electronic signatures protocol where possible
- Provide critical supplies to your employees
- Establish protocols to move in a clockwise direction in corridors, hallways and narrow spaces.
training and communication
- Provide training on new work protocols and measures
- Raise workforce awareness on a regular basis on how employees can stop the spread of the COVID-19
- Promote mandatory health and hygiene protocols (e.g., hand washing, mask use, glove use) for employees, and provide instruction on proper usage and disposal of these materials
- Post informative signage as reminders and guidelines
- Provide workers with up-to-date information from credible sources.
Also share details on how your company is addressing COVID-19 (i.e. your action plan and available resources)
- Set up an HR support line for addressing questions and concerns from employees
- Build an internal responsibility system where everyone is to do their part
- Reinforce your company's commitment to health and safety