- Work with the software, hardware, mechanical and design service engineers to develop new medical devices with reliable and high quality;
- Responsible for design, coding/programming and implementation of medical device system with embedded software/firmware;
- Design enhancements, updates and programming changes for subsystems, include DSP and embedded code, eg drivers;
- Identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture;
- Write and execute complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application;
- Collaborates and communicates with lead/management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding firmware design status, project progress, and issue resolution;
- Master or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience and a minimum of 5 years related experience in firmware/embedded software development.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative to identify and solve complex system level issues.
- Proficient in C/C++ programming experience with various Frameworks & RTOS’s, ThreadX is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with many different TI processors, as well as HW peripherals (e.g. PWM, ADC, DAC, UART, etc.), experience with DSP firmware upgrade is desired.
- Excellent teamwork/interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively. Capability to work collaboratively, both within and outside one's own work group.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal & written both in English and Chinese.