· Responsible for complete P&L of assigned Categories
· Build, identify and expand vendor base to meet strategic objectives and strengthen on site assortment
· Build and Manage team to achieve category and regional revenue and margin targets
· Interact daily with Category Heads in India to ensure that assortment supply is in line with demand and to review customer feedback
· Perform analyses of business categories to drive insight into revenue, supply base and profitability
· Focused on Business Development and Vendor management
· Reach out to strategic vendors, clearly articulate business vision, establish relationships, and nurture strong partnership
· Collaborate with vendors - provide insights related to revenue, product, and customer metrics
· Negotiate favorable terms, and ensure steady flow of goods to meet growth in customer demand
What You Need
· Fluency in Chinese and English - the ability to speak, and to read and write Mandarin and English, fluently – to be able to communicate strongly with both vendors in China and the HQ in India
· A track-record of getting things done - Drive, ownership and execution are core to our culture. From a process standpoint, you’re someone who prioritizes your day, and then gets things done. You should be able to point to multiple examples from the past which clearly demonstrate this.
· An ability to connect - and to serve as the face of our business in China and to interact with the team back in India
· Pure creativity - The challenges you face when growing a business from scratch are massive and constant. You need the creativity to solve those problems; to influence the partners we work with, for instance; to communicate with vendors!
· Flexibility – Category Managers at Hopscotch spend a lot of time away from home, in cities they haven’t necessarily been to before. This is a job for someone who’d be excited to go somewhere completely new, often on very little notice; someone willing and able to truly immerse themselves, quickly and deeply.
· 8+ years of management experience in e-commerce, retail, FMCG or management consulting
· Natural inclination towards business development, sourcing and business building
· Prior experience in working with cross functional teams
· Deep interest and/or background in consumer products
· MBA from a reputed undergraduate institution Strong communication skills and English and Mandarin fluency,