Purpose of the job
The China Business Director must have commercial experience in the credit card industry in China and will act with understanding and insight, to build, maintain and develop relationships. 60% of their job will be focussed on the management for a global credit card provider (CUP). As a result, they must have established contacts within CUP – preferably in the customer loyalty solutions department. The other 40% is focussed on growing other new business in the corporate and B2B space and acting as general lead for China for Priority Pass, undertaking any other activities as required.
· Develop and drive revenue and results as presented in the Greater China Business plan that YOU will formulate
· Formulating and implementation of effective partnership strategies for execution
· Manage the complex sales cycles that are associated with B2B and B2C selling in China that covers: marketing, sales interaction, training and executive bridging.
· Develop and effectively manage partnership and internal relationships necessary to reach mutually beneficial objectives and the cross-functional commitments to achieve them.
· Sales enablement - develop presentations and other selling tools with Marketing (white papers, case studies, ROI calculators, etc) which articulate the Priority Pass value
· Marketing and demand generation – working closely with marketing and sales and management, drive the overall business plan and marketing campaigns.
· Evaluate performance, analyse deficiencies, and develop and implement changes for improvements within sales pipeline and offerings.
· Prepare feasible studies of potential partnership for senior management’
· Manage relationships with partner and internal cross-functional teams to facilitate and promote partnership/offerings
· Maintain a strong commercial awareness and understanding of commercial strategy, market intelligence and competitor insight.
· Anticipate, understand and respond to the competitive challenges and market issues that may impact the clients’ business.
· Manage the client relationships from a local/regional perspective including establishing productive, professional relationships with regional client contacts.
· Work with the Account Operations Manager and the Operations Department to ensure accounts are set-up and administered efficiently and effectively.
· Identify, investigate and resolve issues and troubleshoot problems for designated account, within and between Operations and other Departments.
· Acquire, maintain and document expert knowledge of designated account and understand the context of this within our wider commercial relationships.
· Acquire and maintain expert knowledge of the operational, systems, contractual and financial aspects of the businesses in order to troubleshoot problems and ensure smooth running of operations.
· Ensure contractual agreements are fully adhered to, and assess compliance to contractual requirements.
· Coordinate, generate and deliver Collinson responses to formal RFIs and RFPs.
· Carry out regular account reviews and be regarded as a trusted advisor by key decision makers at a variety of client facing levels
· Identify additional revenue opportunities, cross sales or expansion of existing portfolios.
· Create a development plan and contact strategy for assigned accounts within the AP region and ensure that client summaries are updated and maintained.
· Working on the day-to-day operational management of key accounts which includes deal implementations
· Prepare & ensure implementation toolkits are all up to date
· Anticipate, understand and respond to the challenges and issues that may impact the operations of key accounts
· Co-ordinate with both clients and internal working parties to secure commitment on service delivery and to achieve required SLA
· Create, produce and analyse account information such as, MI decks and reports, Weekly Sales Pipeline report, Quarterly Executive Summary (internal), Quarterly Business Review deck, Quarterly MI deck, implementation documents and other items as required.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
· 12+ years’ experience in the card sector in China – especially in the loyalty solutions space
· Strong track record of delivering
· Track record of delivering incremental revenue from a portfolio of clients in China
· Demonstration of consultative selling skills in meetings, pitching and proposal writing
· Ability to write clear internal briefs that articulate the client’s key needs
· Engaging oral/written communication skills required
· A self-starter able to go after client opportunities tenaciously
· People management experience is preferred
· Fluent in Mandarin
· At least conversational English but strong written English skills
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
· Account/ relationship management experience, in China, gained within the financial services sector or similar sectors where bespoke services are offered to financial or travel organisations.
· Strong commercial awareness and solid understanding of competitive environments.
· Experience of operational management
· Expert in presenting and building relationships with senior staff and directors in blue chip organisations.
· High level of numeracy, computer literacy (MS Office) and Salesforce or similar sales management software.
· Fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese.
· Thinks strategically – big picture
· Exceptionally commercial in approach
· Takes a “whole business view”
· Scans the environment and keeps up to date with external best practice
· Highly effective at dealing with complexity and ambiguity
· Initiates and leads business change
· Proactively creates great client relationships
· Long term focus – thinks beyond current climate & considers future challenges
· Finds opportunities for efficiencies and streamlining of business
· Is situationally responsive and flexes style
· Always acts with integrity
· Highly skilled communicator & influencer
· Deals with conflict appropriately
· Brings out the best in people & teams
· Strong delegation skills
· Understands and leverages the political landscape and organisational culture
· Seeks opportunities to learn
· Happy to work outside of comfort zone
· Pursues goals relentlessly and with tenacity
· Thrives on change
· Makes contribution to/considers benefits & implications to other parts of the business
· Drives quality of delivery