This position is based in Shanghai and responsible for supporting Sales personnel with the processing of Qualified Leads through the Lead-To-Order Funnel (LTO) in an efficient and timely manner. This includes managing and participating in projects and on-going functions that support Sales/Marketing functions.
The ideal candidate should be excited to be working with colleagues across Asia, and be capable of adjusting to differing cultural nuances. This may, on occasions, extend to working and aligning with the global Illumina Sales/Marketing teams. The ideal candidate is perceptive and capable of identifying actions or processes that are against the best interests of the company and be capable of taking appropriate action to escalate and correct the issue where appropriate. They must also be able to readily adapt to changing needs of our customers and Sales/Marketing teams.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Create and update required data in Illumina’s web-based Customer Relationship Management System ( Salesforce.com ) and supporting systems.
· Work with Marketing and Sales to create and deploy Marketing or Sales Campaigns.
· Identify and resolve customer satisfaction and/or operational issues proactively by engaging cross functions at varying levels to seek appropriate solutions to meet internal and business partners’ requirements.
· Trigger escalations appropriately and seek approvals for non-standard business practices.
· Lead or participate in projects involving process improvements, new business process rollout, and new system implementations. Includes beta-testing and providing feedback on pre-launch sales admin tools.
· Assist with sales team processes including staff onboarding/off-boarding, sales analytics support and sales team technology deployment and review.
· Assist in co-ordination and execution of sales events including online meetings and in-person events.
· General sales administration and support functions for Illumina sales reps and managers
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Marketing, business, call-center/ life science or other related field.
· 2-3 years of relevant experience.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Mandarin, and/or Traditional Chinese.
· Strong attention to detail and commitment to deliver quality work in a timely manner.
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work in team settings, and work independently when required.
· Creative / Problem solving approach to searching/deriving Customer information from online or off-line searches/channels.
· Possess an open, flexible, and positive can-do attitude with good communication and interpersonal skill.
· Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office ( Excel/Word ) and Outlook (Calendaring/Scheduling ) and possess an innate ability to navigate through new software applications. Software, especially web-based software, shouldn’t scare the ideal candidate.