?A full spectrum of M&A strategy, integration and separation consulting services including M&A strategy development, due diligence support, cost and synergy estimation, integration / separation preparation, planning, and execution.
- Developing corporate and M&A strategy, target screening and evaluation
- Conducting objective assessments to understand corporate strategy, operations, organization, and IT system landscape
- Developing separation / integration readiness assessment. Identifying integration / separation complexities. Developing realistic solutions to address those complexities
- Developing synergy and cost estimates
- Assisting due diligence teams with necessary inputs on strategy and operational issues
- Developing detailed and cohesive integration / separation plan and cost estimates
- Setting up integration / separation management office (IMO / SMO to manage the post-merger integration activities across multiple transition work streams
Identify, pursue, and lead in the delivery of M&A strategy, integration and separation engagements across financial services (FS) and other non-FS sectors
Collaborate with various service lines within Deloitte and lead in the development of M&A services eminence and market presence in Hong Kong leveraging global and regional initiatives to position Deloitte as the market leader in the provision of S&O related M&A engagements
Participate in the leadership of the Hong Kong Consulting team acting as a peer and a mentor for the development of core M&A Consulting capabilities across the team. Coach junior members of the team on M&A methodologies and tools. Lead in M&A skillset and team capability development.
Key Skills & Experience:
Minimum 6 years of experience in a top tier consulting firm and / or Big 4 transaction services and / or investment banking or in-house strategy and M&A function with practical experience in managing M&A strategy, integration and separation projects; a mixture of management consulting / Big 4 M&A Services and corporate M&A experience is ideal
MBA from a well-recognized business school or Master in Finance, Economics, Engineering or related majors is preferred
Experience in expanding existing accounts as well as creating new revenue streams
Solid M&A strategy, integration and divestiture project delivery experience; having successfully managed or led complex projects in a large corporate environment
Strong knowledge of M&A methodology, tools and techniques
Knowledge of various industries like banking & insurance, consumer business, life sciences & healthcare, technology, media & telecommunications or energy & resources is preferred.
Strong written and oral communications in English. Cantonese and Mandarin are highly desirable
Proven leadership and team building skills; Provide direction and lead courageously within the team
Possess strong business development orientation and astute business acumen
Strong track-record in effectively developing market credibility in a timely manner, preferably the candidate has already had sustained examples as being recognized as a go-to-person within across markets for thought-leadership and market eminence and commentary.