- Work at the direction from Global Quality Organization.
- Own and drive day-to-day operational quality success in China HOP.
- Ensure team quality activities meet Metso policies.
- Manage his/her subordinates efficiently under Metso policies, procedures and financial budget requirements.
- Assist and develop quality functionality training and development programs, as well as employee training and development.
- Build good operational coordination with PLs, global quality teams, supplier quality teams, internal quality and procurement groups.
- Manage and optimize internal and external quality resources for high agility, good performance and cost saving.
- Follow Metso global rules & regulations and policies in daily operations.
- Be engaged in supplier quality assurance & quality control with strong supplier interface and leadership skills. Ensure supplier quality complies with specifications and customer contracted quality expectations.
- Monitor suppliers’ performance on an on-going basis.
- Manage the claims, corrective and preventive action plans.
- Be responsible for supplier development and supplier quality management in terms of but not limited to the follows.
? Develop working principles, tools and processes for development of supplier quality management.
? Audit of new supplier for the evaluation of quality management system and assess the risk through FMEA analysis in his/her responsible areas, in cooperation with global quality teams and PL quality teams when and where needed.
? Participate in supplier approval and removal in his/her responsible areas.
? New supplier and product development.
? Continuous development of existing suppliers.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor degree in Engineering from a leading university. Post graduate studies in Engineering and/or quality management preferred.
· Minimum 5-7 years of supplier quality management experience. Preferably working for a western industrial organization with some experience working in the Western countries.
· Superior organizational and analytical skills are essential.
· A recognized qualification in supplier quality management would be considered an asset.
· Knowledge in NDT, materials, fabrication & machining, hydraulic component & system would be an asset.
· Knowledge in APQP / PPAP would be an asset
· Be proficient with drawings, specifications, manufacturing processes, inspection processes and all related standards.