assistant accountant - eastern suburbs - $55k - $65k+ in Alexandria
Alexandria, New South Wales
AU$ 55,000 per year
Assistant Accountant | Immediate Start | Join a billion dollar organisation!
- Assistant Accountant
- Attractive salary on offer
- Alexandria location
Randstad is recruiting for an Assistant Accountant to join a commercial organisation located in the trendy location of Alexandria, not far from public transport. This role will see you support the Senior Commercial Accountant across month end activities with responsibility for reconciliations across the various P&L’s, balance sheets and cash accounts. It is a highly commercial role in that you will be liaising on a daily basis with the CFO/CEO and Senior Executive Directors – so strong verbal & written communication skills are critical.
Reporting to the Finance Manager you will be responsible for:
- Work closely with the Senior Accountants/Financial Accountants in relation to month end
- Prepare & post journal entries
- Manage prepayments & accruals
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations, general ledger reconciliations, bank reconciliations
Ensure bank and balance sheet reconciliations are completely
- Maintaining the fixed asset register
- Data manipulation and interpretation
- Timely and accurate month end bank reconciliation reporting
- Establish and maintain audit trails for allocated revenue/expense
- The successful candidate will be an experienced Assistant Accountant who has strong reconciliations experience.
- Be studying towards or have commenced your CA or CPA.
- You must have large company experience and have advanced Excel skills.
- Ideally you will have worked in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- The successful candidate must be immediately available and ready to hit the ground running.
Please submit your resume by clicking on the APPLY BUTTON or contact Nicola Barrett on 02 8215 1082 for further information.
Assistant Accountant, reconciliations focused