building assessment manager in Melbourne CBD
Melbourne CBD, Victoria
Building Assessment Manager
Domestic Building Dispute Resolution Victoria (DBDRV)
This is an exciting opportunity to undertake a significant managerial role in a newly-created, independent, dispute resolution service for residential builders and building owners.
Domestic Building Dispute Resolution Victoria (DBDRV) is now being established by the Department of Justice and Regulation, and expressions of interest are being sought from experienced and qualified registered building practitioners and registered architects to lead and manage the DBDRV’s team of Assessors and Senior Assessors.
Working at a senior level the successful candidate will have an influential role in establishing the culture and professional standards of this forward-looking, dynamic team. DBDRV will be engaging a broad range of stakeholders, and the Manager will be expected to demonstrate leadership in negotiating with them effectively and impartially. This will prove to be a genuinely invigorating role for an experienced building professional who has the requisite blend of technical expertise and excellent interpersonal and communication skills to manage a team within a start-up organisation.
DBDRV’s functions include the assessment of disputes referred for resolution, the conciliation of disputes, and examining compliance with agreements and orders made to resolve disputes. The Building Assessment Manager will provide the leadership and technical knowledge to ensure the assessments services team is able to assess accurately and effectively whether domestic building work is defective in the context of building contracts and the Domestic Building Contracts Act, 1995.
The Manager’s role will also include:
- Managing day to day operations of the Assessment team,
- Provide excellent induction, training and assessment for new Assessors,
- Manage the Panel of Assessors including workload allocation, performance evaluation and quality assurance.
Applicants for the Building Assessment Manager’s role will have:
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience in the residential building industry,
- Detailed knowledge of the Building Act, 1993 and associated regulations, codes and standards,
- Hold or be eligible to become a registered building practitioner (Building Act, 1993) or registered architect (Architects Act, 1991),
- Proven ability to write, and evaluate expert technical reports and apply findings to facilitate the resolution of disputes between building owners and builders.
Applicants are encouraged from those with commercial and/or government experience.
For further information and to submit an application please contact Paul Wynne at Randstad at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 03 9252 2181 by Friday 9 December 2016.
Building Assessment Manager role for experienced building professional