This is a very good opportunity for a senior commercial professional to take on the role of Commercial Director on Australia's largest and sought after rail project.
You will be responsible for the overall planning of the commercial business and insurance function
You will provide professional guidance in the development, implementation and continued monitoring of the project’s commercial management to achieve agreed objectives to ensure stakeholders are satisfied and give strategic advice to the executive team on methods to achieve best value for money decision making for Government.
This role works closely with the Program Director and the Executive team on the overall commercial strategy. You will report on the commercial position of the individual contracts within the project while establishing a “whole of project” commercial risk position of all delivery contracts.
Reporting into the Executive Director, Commercial and Risk, you will have two direct reports and have regular interaction with the Ministers Office, service providers, consultancies, other government agencies and councils to provide advice and respond to requests.
Essentially, you will come with:
- Degree level qualification in Commerce/Engineering/Finance or a relevant discipline from a recognised tertiary institution
- Demonstrated experience in driving commercial outcomes on complex, multi-contract rail infrastructure projects and PPP projects within Australia
- Driving governance and appropriate systems (both information and technological) to manage and report risks and opportunities
- Establishing appropriate insurance cover and effectively managing insurance claims
- Developing dispute resolution strategies
- Arbitration and contract negotiation
- Knowledge of NSW Government Guidelines in relation to PPPs.
Based out of a new office in Sydney’s Inner West/North Shore, on offer is a healthy daily rate which will depend on your knowledge and experience but will be in the vicinity of $1,300 per day + super.
For further information, please contact Michael Lebon on (02)9233 9944 and email your resume to Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org