At Randstad, we've been connecting talent with the public service sector since 1988. It's this experience coupled with Randstad's extensive range of specialist recruitment and HR services that allows us to build strong relationships with our client and candidates , facilitating opportunities across the Government arena.
Our public sector client is seeking an experienced Communication / Project Officer to provide support on business activities including communications material, program reporting, system maintenance, procurement and business planning. This role is 2 days per week (Thurs/Fri) each week until Christmas with the opportunity to be extended.
As a Senior Advisor you will help to manage the development of project-related communication material, monitor reporting of project elements including scheduling time, project milestones etc.. Working within a specialist team, you will be tasked with the responsibility of liaising with a diverse group of stakeholders and will help facilitate the consultation process to achieve strategic objectives and project outcomes. You will be delivering valued information management, reporting, media and communications services to internal clients.
Some of the duties will include:-
- Proactive identification, co-ordination and management of business activities including communications material, program reporting and support, information management, systems maintenance, personnel administration and financial administration, procurement and business planning.
- Monitoring and reporting of essential project elements including time and scheduling, financial forecasts and actuals, project milestones, risks, benefits and outcomes in line with project management principles
- Identification of emerging opportunities and milestones for the department and the Minister to announce and promote in relation to the project
- Providing support to technical and professional staff, including contributing to the development of project management plans and procurement strategies.
- Generation of high-level advice and reports for various audiences including project managers, senior managers, Ministerial staff, elected representatives and the public.
To be considered for this opportunity you will have a demonstrated experience in a similar role and a strong background in communications, stakeholder engagement and project management at a high level preferably within the public sector. Due to the nature of the role, it is essential that you are results orientated and have proven experience in establishing and achieving clear plans and timeframes for project development and implementation.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your application detailing your experience by clicking on the 'APPLY NOW' button.